Wednesday, August 12, 2009

After a Long Day...Relax


Today was the first day of school. As a teacher, especially an inner city teacher, I was prepared for anything and everything. Although it went well, I still walked out at the end of the day feeling a tension headache coming on. I knew I needed to relax, even if it was just for a few minutes, in order to finish out the rest of my day with energy. To help slow things down I brewed a cup of tea. This simple action can create profound results. Unlike chugging an ice-cold drink, sipping something hot takes time and a bit of patience. A cup of herbal tea like chamomile, known for its relaxing qualities, can provide a moment of calm and help you recharge...this is exactly what I needed. Afterward, I was ready to take on the kiddie pool in the back yard with the boys. Who says summer is over after all? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love any kind of tea infused with cranberry, or really any fruit. lovely after a hard day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...